Thursday, June 24, 2010

The Perfect Morning


Five years ago, my perfect morning would have consisted of my favorite black suit, a starbucks in hand and my favorite song on the radio while driving into to work. My agenda for the day would include managing a staff of 25+ people, 140 children, answering telephones, returning emails, scheduling, problem solving, answering questions and addressing concerns. My how things change! Last week, my day started out with my alarm clock going off around 7am. (a hungry baby crying for her bottle) I then decided to take my work outside to the front porch. There I sat, feeding my newborn baby and sipping on a glass of ice tea. A warm summer morning breeze was blowing and dew drops were still on the blades of grass in my front lawn. A cardinal was perched in the tree and a chipmunk was running through the mulch. Across the street my neighbor was wearing a straw hat and landscaping his side yard. Ah yes, now this was the perfect morning! I love that life has slowed down for me to enjoy little moments like these. It's days like this that I am reminded of how grateful I am that God is in control and not me, that He knows what is best for me and that my life is going according to His plan and not my own. I thought I had it all figured out, that I had a 5 day, 5 month, 5 year plan and that I was happy. That was before giving my life completely to him. Wow! What a difference it has made.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely!!! So thankful, you can see it for the beauty that it has placed in your little corner of your world!!! I sure loved being with you last week!!!!!!!!!!! Let's do it again!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful that you can see the elements of this post in your every day life, and that you are able to praise Him for every detail.
    Loved being with you this past weeek!!! Let's do it again SOON!!!!
    Love you, Lori

    ReplyDelete