Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Will You Be Mine

The boys and I had lots of fun today making valentines to send to Granny, Mammaw and Grandma. Jalen addressed the envelope himself and put it in the mailbox. They were both so excited! Jameson called his friend Ry Ry to see if she would be his Valentine. Then Jalen got mad and said that he didn't have a girl to be his Valentine. When I told him that I would be happy to be his, he informed me that I was too old and that he needed someone that was only 5.



In making our valentines, we realized that a lot of our crayons were broken and missing wrappers. We've been trying to recycle all of our plastics at home but why not recycle our crayons? Sounds like fun to me! We sprayed the inside of a muffin pan with PAM and placed an assortment of colors in each tin. Then we stuck it in the oven on 400 degrees for 5 minutes. After cooling in the freezer, our new crayon buttons popped right out. Aren't they cool?


No comments:

Post a Comment