Monday, June 1, 2009

Five and Fearless, Six and Scared

Well, today is the last day that my big guy will be five. It has been a fearless year for him with many firsts. We rode our first roller coaster, lost our first tooth, took our first camping trip and played our first game of town tball. We converted from bath time to big kid showers and we often call for "mom" instead of "mommy". I can hardly believe what we have accomplished. Jalen finished his last day of preschool on Friday and he will be turning six tomorrow. Each day he teaches me something new and I look at him in amazement wondering "how did he know that?". The time is going by so quickly and I'm scared to death that I'm going to wake up tomorrow and be blogging his graduation. Okay, maybe I'm getting ahead of myself as I sit here in tears and reminisce on the past 365 days that were the best of my life. I have so much fun with my little guys and each new day brings new adventures. Jalen wanted a dinosaur birthday cake this year but not just any cake would do. He carefully instructed me that he wanted a home made cake and not one from the store. The cake should include dinosaurs ("not made out of icing mom"), trees, sand, a pond and oh yeah...a volcano! Well, here it is. I'm sure that Walmart would have done a much nicer job with the assignment but it wouldn't have been made with nearly as much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment