Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Three Men and A Baby + One Mommy of Course


Let's just say that with three boys in the house, I am beginning to feel a bit out numbered..but not for long! We only have 3 weeks left until Jacey Noel joins our family, making it a party of five! The nursery is completely finished and James did an amazing job. It took several hours and lots of patience to finish this "Practically Perfect Paris in Pink" project but he pulled it off.

All of her little outfits are washed and dried, hanging in the closet anxiously as if they are saying "pick me, pick me, wear me first!"..Okay maybe that is the voice inside my head that is beyond excited to finally have pink clothes in the laundry basket. Do you have any idea how long I have waited for this day?  Our official due date is April 26th but I wouldn't be disappointed if she decided to surprise us with an early delivery. I've had fun with the upset tummy, restless nights and now the "oh so swollen are those really my ankles?" but I'm ready to put all that behind me and hold that precious little girl in my arms. All there is left to do now is wait. 

Okay, I have a confession. At first, I was completely against taking maternity pictures. After all, do I really want to remember what I looked like over these past 9 months? I hardly even recognize this person! Then it hit me. What I see as chubby cheeks, a double chin, big hips and cankles, is really a beautiful miracle and gift that God blessed James and I with. This is an experience like no other that I may never have the opportunity to embrace again.

The past few days I have found myself looking at my tummy thinking wow...there is a little person in there that will soon be in my arms. The same little person that I will rock in the rocking chair, take to her first day of kindergarten, shop with for her first prom dress, drop off at her first year of college and look at her beautiful reflection in the mirror of a bridal boutique as she says "mom, this is the one". Okay, I'm tearing up. The point is, yes, there have been moments over the past month that I have thought "I am so done being pregnant" but as the end (or shall I say the beginning) draws near, I remind myself that God has blessed me beyond belief with this miracle of life and I am overjoyed at the opportunity to be a mother to this little girl while humbled that God would entrust her life to me. I wouldn't trade the past 9 months for anything in the world. Here are a few maternity pics that we took over the weekend. We can hardly wait to meet you Jacey Noel. You are already loved so much. See you soon:)


         
       

1 comment:

  1. Priceless, precious, beautiful!! I had an idea, Dawn...maybe I could come stay with you for an overnight or something this summer. I would love to meet the boys, and even be able to help you out a little bit. Let's think about it, okay?
    Love you, praying for you, anticipating with you,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete